Lesson – 50
Who go astray?
Surah ‘Al-‘Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2)
Stage – 1, Verse – 27 of 286, Section – 3 of 40 (Part - 1)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
27. Those who break the covenant of Allah after ratifying it, and sever that which Allah ordered to be joined and (who) make mischief in the earth, Those are they who are the losers.
27. ‘Allaziina yanqu-zuuna ‘Ah-dAllaahi mim-ba’-di mii-saaqiHii, wa yaqta-‘uuna maaa ‘amarAllaahu bihiii ‘any-yuu-sala wa yufsiduuna fil-‘arz. ‘Ulaaa-‘ika humul-khaa-siruun.
‘Ah-da – (the covenant), such mutual agreement and treaty; after binding of which, checking it becomes necessary. Ah-dAllaah (Covenant of God) aims: The Belief and acceptance that God is our Lord and we will obey His command. God asked from the entire mankind collectively before sending them in this world, “Am I not your Lord”? The entire human beings ratified, “Yes! You are our Lord”. Then God Almighty commanded, “I make witness of this Covenant to the earth and the heavens, and for reminding you this covenant, I shall continue sending My Messengers (Peace be upon Them). The Companion Abi bin Ka’ab (May Allah be pleased with him) said that the aim from “the Covenant of God” is the covenant mentioned in this verse.
Besides the covenant of the Day of Eternity, there is another covenant, which exists in the nature of the mankind. In addition, there are some more covenants also which were made by having faith in the Prophets (Peace be upon Them), and those covenants which are made with the saints on the name of God Almighty.
It is being discussed from the previous verse that the mischievous and disobedient people become victim of depravity. Now causes of their straying are being described:
· They break the covenant - after ratifying with God. Having belief that Allah is my Master, my Worshiped and my Lord is such a simple matter that the sense of the mankind desires itself that it should not believe in any other thing as its Lord but God.
· Second sign is that the miscreant breaks every such relationship about which, God Almighty has commanded to unite. It means that the mankind should perform and fulfill the entire Rights of God and which are due on him in accord with the relationship with other human beings. But the miscreant violates the Rights of Allah Almighty and His servants.
· Third sign is that the miscreant spreads corruption and disturbance in the country. He creates breakdown in the peace of the world by his wicked deeds.
After describing above three signs, God Almighty has described their consequence that these people will be losers with regard to religious and worldly matters. God Almighty save us from their evil and show us the Straight Path.